- 17 year Dayton homeowner and resident
- 12 years on Dayton City Council
- 3 children ages 15, 11, and 5 who attend AnokaHennepin schools
- Sales manager at Scharber and Sons John Deere in Rogers. Employed there for 15 years.
- President/CEO of John Deere Fair Dealers association.
- Attended St. Cloud State and Metro State Universities.
- Attended many governmental planning and training conferences during last 12 years as a city councilman.
- Proven ability to work constructively with residents, staff, other cities and governmental entities to get things done for Dayton.
- Proven record of good, common sense decisions that make the most of our tax dollars.
- Ethical, honest, and hardworking.
As Mayor I will support;
- Protecting our most valuable assetour homes, by making sure we have good streets, clean drinking water, and adequate fire and police protection.
- Thoughtful planning to make Dayton the best community it can be today and tomorrow.
- Working to attract good business to Dayton to develop our tax base and provide jobs.
- Well thought out zoning and growth control ordinances to allow us to grow at a reasonable pace, without overtaxing our roads and schools.
- Adequately funding our capital reserve funds to allow us to save for fire trucks, snowplows and other big ticket items.
- Bringing city services to those who need it today, and reserving capacity for those who may need it in the future.
- Aggressively pursuing grants and other funding sources to help pay for our future infrastructure needs.
I am not afraid to tackle the tough issues today, so we know what to expect tomorrow.
We are facing some financial difficulties in the near future and we need a leader with enough
experience, knowledge, and common sense to get us through tough times.
You have my promise I will serve the residents of Dayton with integrity, honesty, respect,
and common sense. I am asking for your support and for your vote on September 14th and
November 2nd, 2004.
Prepared and paid for by Anderson for Mayor Committee • 11510 133rd Ave N., Dayton, MN 55327 • 6128402758 • J.W. Snider, Treasurer